Gabon offshore

Petronas in Gabon find

KUALA LUMPUR, March 5, 2018 – Petronas subsidiary PC Gabon Upstream has struck oil and gas in Block F14 (Likuale) offshore Gabon, Malaysia’s NOC announced on Monday.


Ultra-deepwater well Boudji-1 encountered 90 metres of hydrocarbons-rich pre-salt sands, a company statement said.

“The discovery in Gabon is an encouraging development for Petronas, as we continue to pursue growth activities beyond Malaysia, in line with the strategy to expand our core oil and gas business by growing our resource base,” Datuk Mohd Anuar Taib, the company’s executive vice-president and CEO for Upstream, said. “Aside from boosting Gabon’s oil and gas industry, this discovery will also spur further growth activities in the region, and complements our achievements towards building a significant deepwater portfolio globally.”

Petronas is the operator of the block with a 70% stake, while partner Woodside holds the remaining 30% interest.

Read our latest insights on: