Sonangol extends bid deadline
LUANDA, July 24, 2018 – Angolan NOC Sonangol has extended the deadline for bids on blocks 20/11 and 21/09, local media reported Monday.
“The deadline for the delivery of binding bids for the acquisition of participatory interest, as well as the position of operator, has been extended until 30 September 2018,” the NOC said in a statement.
The showroom on the two blocks, which previously belonged to Cobalt International Energy, will remain open until August 31, Macauhub reported.
In January 2018, a Houston bankruptcy court approved a USD 500-million deal to settle the disputes between Cobalt and Sonangol and sell the company’s Angolan assets to the NOC, which put them up for auction in April 2018. In June 2018, Sonangol said it had made its final USD 350-million payment to settle with the company.
Read our latest insights on: