Oil and gas discovered offshore Nigeria

Oil and gas discovered offshore Nigeria

LAGOS, June 14, 2023 – TotalEnergies has made an oil and gas discovery off the southeast coast of Nigeria, the French energy giant announced on Tuesday.

Located 60 kilometres off the coast, the Ntokon-1AX well on the OML 102 concession hit 38 metres of net oil pay and 15 metres of net gas pay.


Additionally, the side track Ntokon-1G1 encountered 73 metres of net oil pay and tested positive for a maximum rate of 5,000 bopd.

Development of the play will tie back to existing facilities on the Ofon field located 20 kilometres from the finds.

“After the start-up of production of the Ikike tie-back on OML99 in 2022, this new success in the area further demonstrates the potential of nearby exploration to create value within our low cost, low emission strategy,” said Nicolas Terraz, president of exploration and production of TotalEnergies.

The OML 102 concession is operated by TotalEnergies with a 40% stake alongside state-run NNPC with the remaining 60% stake.

Read our latest insights on: