Sonangol denies Dos Santos investigation
LUANDA, December 26, 2017 – Angolan NOC Sonangol has denied the creation of a commission of inquiry to investigate former head Isabel dos Santos.
The NOC said it was conducting an audit to assess the situation following last month’s leadership change, CNN reported over the weekend.
“Sonangol has a new board of directors and, in line with what happens in similar situations, a normal audit is in progress to assess the company’s current situation,” the company said in a statement.
In November, President João Lourenço appointed Carlos Saturnino to lead the NOC along with several new board members.
Read our latest insights on:
Nigeria as a major maritime hubINTERVIEW