Trinidad hits projected gas production at onshore field

Trinidad hits projected gas production at onshore field

PORT OF SPAIN, September 19, 2023 – Touchstone Exploration has hit its forecasted gas production volumes at the onshore Cascadura field in Trinidad and Tobago, the Canadian independent announced on Monday.

The field located on the 181-square-kilometre Ortoire block began production earlier this month and has now hit predicted production rates of 1.7 mcm (60 mcf) per day of gas from two wells.

The Cascadura-1ST1 well is currently producing around 1.13 mcm (40 mcf) of gas per day and the Cascadura Deep-1 well is producing around 566,000 cubic metres (20 mcf) of gas per day.


Both wells are producing around 1,400 bpd of NGLs.

The company is currently working on a four-well drilling programme on the block.

“The performance of the wells, both of which are being choked at surface, is in line with expectations and the surface facility is currently operating at approximately 67% of its capacity,” said Paul Baay, president and CEO of Touchstone Exploration.

The company operates the concession with an 80% working interest alongside its partner Heritage Petroleum Company with the remaining 20% shares.

Touchstone Exploration signed the PSC in 2014.

Read our latest insights on: