MEISJune 22-23, 2022
The Ministry of Mineral Resources and Energy and The Ministry of Industry and Commerce, Republic of Mozambique, have given their official endorsement to the inaugural Mozambique Energy & Industry Summit (MEIS 2022), taking place 22-23 June 2022 at the Polana Serena Hotel, Maputo.
MEIS 2022 will explore Mozambique’s fortunes in becoming the largest LNG producer in sub-Saharan Africa and the fourth largest in the world. Over two days, the Summit will bring together over 500 national and international stakeholders to assess how to transform Mozambique from a natural resource producer to an energy and industrial giant.
Programme highlights include:
- Update on current and future projects
- Coral Sul FLNG start-up as accelerator for local content, job creation, industrialisation and knowledge transfer
- Energy transition – how to turn a threat into an opportunity
- Local Content challenges: qualification, financing, procurement, payment terms
- Local Content best practices, capacity building, technology transfer
- Mozambique as a mining global giant
- Gas fuelling Mozambique: from producer to energy and industrial hub
- Fast-forwarding electrification of Mozambique
- Developing a skilled workforce for the energy, minerals and industrial sectors
- Ensuring Women and diversity are at the core of all developments”