BP awards subsea works on Egypt’s Raven field

BP awards subsea works on Egypt’s Raven field

CAIRO, May 4, 2023 – Subsea7 along with its consortium partners have signed a contract for works on an infill drilling programme at the offshore Raven field in Egypt, the subsea engineering entity announced on Wednesday.

Under the deal, the Subsea Integration Alliance consortium – consisting of Subsea 7 and SLB’s subsea engineering arm – will provide engineering, procurement, transport and installation of around six kilometres of flexible pipes, umbilicals and associated structures.

Project management and engineering will be handled at Subsea 7’s offices in France, the UK and Portugal.

“This award further solidifies our ongoing partnership with BP in Egypt,” said Olivier Blaringhem, CEO of Subsea Integration Alliance.


“Through our early collaboration on this project, BP and Subsea Integration Alliance have worked together to develop an optimised solution for the Raven field, showcasing our effective teamwork.”

The award was described as substantial by Subsea 7, although cost of the works was not disclosed.

The infill drilling programme involves tying back existing infrastructure to drilled wells via flowlines to up slowing production.

The Raven field produces up to 23.2 mcm (820 mcf) of gas and 30,000 barrels of condensate per day according to partner Wintershall Dea.

The play is part of BP’s USD 9-billion West Nile Delta project, which includes 25 wells connected to an onshore processing facility by three long-distance tie-backs.

Located within the North Alexandria and West Mediterranean Deepwater concessions around 65-85 kilometres from Alexandria, the West Nile Delta development is headed by BP with an 82.75% stake along with its partner Wintershall Dea with the remaining 17.25% stake.

Read our latest insights on: