Pampa, GyP sign $200-mln Vaca Muerta contract

NEUQUÉN, May 25, 2018 – Argentinian E&P player Pampa Energía and Neuquén provincial oil company Gas y Petróleo del Neuquén (GyP) have signed a contract for the Las Tacanas Norte block in Vaca Muerta, local media reported on Thursday.


Over the next four years, Pampa Energía will invest USD 207 million in geophysical and geochemical studies, carry out seismic work and drill unconventional wells.

The block will be operated by Pampa Energía with a 90% stake, while partner GyP will hold the remaining 10% interest.

Read our latest insights on: