more
news

From the Field

Gas flare generic photo

Nigerian gas output up nearly 9%

ABUJA, November 5, 2018 – Nigeria produced more than 6.51 bcm (230 bcf) of natural gas in July 2018, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) announced Sunday.

 

The output represents a rise of 8.81% over June 2018.

Nearly 56% of the average daily gas production was commercialised, while the remaining 44% was re-injected, used as upstream fuel gas or flared.

The report also noted that 1,858 vandalised pipeline points were recorded between July 2017 and July 2018.

Stay Informed